Digital Egypt, founded in 2011, specializes in GIS data and surveying. In 2019, Digital Egypt will start a project in Egypt to improve the accuracy of the maps, add missing road names and geocodes. Our mission is the make the Egypt OSM maps on of the most accurate and detailed in the world.
- We look forward to working closely with editors in Egypt, and are looking forward to suggestions from the OSM community.
- We have thoroughly read the local policies at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Egypt and will be closely following them.
- We occasionally use Maxar’s most recent nonpublic imagery for updates in OpenStreetMap. We always prioritize the use of public imageries, but at some locations where new changes are not seen in public imagery options, we will use Maxar’s nonpublic imagery to ensure the map is up to date.
- We will continuously update this page as required by adding new team members and other information.
- Digital Egypt has worked on, and completed, a detailed mapping project in Egypt titled "Egypt 2019 2020 DE Project", where over 2.5 million addresses were added, and new roads were drawn along with turn by turn tags. Currently Egypt is in the maintenance phase, see current projects below.
Current Team Members:
Please reach out to us at email@example.com
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/405747563534310