DIDOK (or DIDOC) is a public list from the Federal Office of Transport (FOT/BAV/OFT/UFT), with railway, tram, bus, and some boat and cable transport stations in Switzerland. It is currently best accessed on the Open Data Platform Swiss Public Transport portal. You can preview the complete dataset rendered on a map.
This page documents the initial import and subsequent clean-up mechanical edits. As such this page is more to be seen as the historic documentation, and landing page for people stumbling upon the import.
|Key||Excel||ex. train station||ex. tram station||Notes|
|uic_ref||Dienststellen-Nummer||8502113||8591299||85XXXXX; missing digits have to be filled with 0|
|name||Aarau||Paradeplatz||for non-train stations: the second ('local') part of the uic_name|
|source||Bundesamt für Verkehr (BAV), DIDOK 2012||Bundesamt für Verkehr (BAV), DIDOK 2012|
Of course, the type of stop (railway=station, highway=bus_stop, ...) will be added, too.
There is a comparison map at http://didok.osm.ch, which shows the differences between OSM and the DIDOK list. It is update about once a year. A guide for improving public transport data in OSM in Switzerland with the help of the DIDOK list can be found here: Switzerland/DIDOK/Maintenance_Howto
About the initial import from 2010
Coverage of OSM on 20.02.2010
A scatter plot of the nodes retrieved nodes from XAPI (with http://www.informationfreeway.org/api/0.6/node[railway|highway|aerialway|amenity=station|tram_stop|bus_stop|bus_station|halt|ferry_terminal][bbox=5.95951603681,45.7344249293,10.6680238823,47.8431283729]) compared to the coordinates from the DIDOK list can be found here
A script was written to match the DIDOK stops with the stops already existing in OSM. This was checked and corrected during the DIDOK Cleanup. Didok stops were imported under the username User:DidokImportCH using the schema above. In more detail:
- For Didok stops where a matching entry in OSM was found the tags were added to the existing OSM nodes if no tag with the given key yet exists.
- Didok stops without any matching OSM node were added as new nodes. Nodes, where the type could not be determined, an appropriate FIXME will be set instead of the stop type.
No existing information in OSM was modified.
In addition url:source and url:documentation tags were added to the changesets.
Maintaining DIDOK data
See Switzerland/DIDOK/Maintenance_Howto for instructions how everyone can contribute to maintain DIDOK data in OSM
removal of abandoned public transport stops
Jan. 2015 mechanical edit (in preparation): removal of stops which were imported in 2010 but which are no longer in DIDOK, and were never resurveyed by an OSM mapper. It is assumed that those stops do no longer exist and this mechanical edit removes them. For a map with all stops see abandoned public transport stops on umap. It was announced on the talk-ch mailing list: mechanical edit: removing abandoned stops from 2010 DIDOK import
Nodes meeting following conditions are to be deleted:
- was imported by user DidokImportCH
- was never touched by anyone since then and
- is not on the current DIDOK list any more
The edit is carried out with the user DidokImportCH
Notes and references
- ↑ Registers publicly available on the Federal Office of Transport (FOT) official website. Currently only available (with full description and metadata) in:
- (de) Öffentlich zugängliche Verzeichnisse on the Bundesamtes für Verkehr (BAV) official website, under Haltestellen (DIDOK-Liste), also referenced separately as Geobasisdaten - Haltestellen des öffentlichen Verkehrs (ID 98.2).
- (fr) Registres accessibles au public on the Office fédéral des transports (OFT) official website, under Noms des stations (liste DIDOC), also referenced separately as Géodonnées de base - Arrêts des transports publics (ID 98.2).
- (it) Elenchi accessibili al pubblico on the Ufficio federale dei trasporti (UFT) official website, under Nomi delle fermate (lista DIDOK), also referenced separately as Geodati di base - Stazioni per i trasporti pubblici (ID 98.2).
- ↑ The list is also referenced and available on the Open Data Platform Swiss Public Transport portal, in English, German, French, Italian (Excel format only).
- ↑ You can preview the complete dataset rendered on a map on
- maps.trafimage.ch (map provided by the SBB/CFF/FFS railway company, available in 4 languages and allows comparing it with the set imported in OpenStreetMap).
map.geo.admin.ch (linked from the official FOT/BAV/OFT/UFT website, available in 5 languages with the most recent dataset published).Please see talk page