File:OpenStreetMap logo 8 colour.png
Variation with reduced colours. Reduced colours are useful for printing purposes. The intention was to be a similar as possible to the logo but with fewer colours.
Harry made this, starting with a raster colour transformation of the full colour logo, so it's not available as SVG unfortunately (At least not until somebody creates this in SVG separately. Quite do-able)
Using GIMP, I found you can reduce colours using the 'Posterize' option, but weirdly this screws up the colours a bit. It works better to convert the image to an 'indexed' mode, and set the number of colours you want. This image has 8 colours (white, black, grey, light green, very light green, yellow, red, blue)
For fewer colours I also tried without yellow,red, and blue, swapping in more grey instead. This works OK, and brings it down to 5 colours.
The intention was to be a similar as possible to the logo but with fewer colours. However fewer colours entails some loss of detail, which in turn means making some design tweaks:
- The reflection in the magnifying glass came out as a large white blob, which was too big and overpoweringly white. I re-did it with a new shape, occupying less area.
- 1's and 0's also didn't survive the colour transform, and I wanted to drop those kinds of excess detail anyway.
- Dropped some thin contour lines for the same reason
- Green patches came out looking untidy and inconsistent. Re-did them to a more basic chequered design rather like File:OSM logo QR.svg
|™ OpenStreetMap Foundation
This file is (or includes) one of the official logos or designs used by the OpenStreetMap Foundation or by one of its projects. Use of the OpenStreetMap Foundation logos, trademarks and servicemarks may require permission by OpenStreetMap Foundation. If you have questions about your use of the marks, please send your questions to the Licence Working Group of OpenStreetMap Foundation. For more information see Trademark.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||22:54, 15 August 2013||459 × 472 (20 KB)||Harry Wood||Variation on the logo with reduced colours|
- You cannot overwrite this file.