Fraternities are clubs of students and/or former students and in some rare cases even non-students (non academic fraternities).
Right now, there exist
fraternities tagged as key=fraternity and there are more than 100 amenities with value fraternity right now.
There exist around 1000 fraternities just in Germany. It is useful to stick to existing tagging models instead of creating new ones, before more fraternities are mapped and more tagging models get created.
How to tag
The tagging follows two models, with none of them officially approved:
This associates fraternities to social_centre as a subgroup. The method uses
social_centre=* is one of the tags, which can be used in the BE version and the AE version, though the BE version is more widely used.
Other considerable tagging methods
The following tagging styles are not use, but should be considered
There are several tags which should be used in context of fraternities
- fraternity=* values may be academic or non-academic
- fraternity:network=* Many fraternities belong to a network like in Germany KV, CV, DB, CC and others
- fraternity:fencing=* Determines if the fraternity practices fencing. Values are yes/no/voluntary
- fraternity:couleur=* Is used, if the fraternity has their own flag, caps, etc. Values may be i.e. black-red-gold
- fraternity:abbreviation=* Most fraternities use an acronym for their name. i.e. ABc!
- fraternity:established=* Date, when the fraternity has been founded