This page is about importing 2k emergency earthquake assembly points of Friuli Venezia Giulia Region (RAFVG), Italy. Data is provided by scraping Protezione Civile (PCFVG) website. The import is being discussed on the OSM mailing list and the imports mailing list. The import will be the result of consensus there.
This import aims to have an updated and mantainable set of POIs for the RAFVG territory (OSM admin_level=4).
Starting from Dec 2019, progress will be trackable in an audit map, for the first batch refer to AA_1230-1265. Next batches can be tracked in Progress paragraph. Due to today's low number of OSM assembly points in RAFVG, schedule should take 10-20 days in audit activities and import.
Dataset has been built starting from html's thru scraping and html2csv conversion process.
Datasets feature the following:
- source name: Piano regionale delle emergenze
- scraping date: 2019-09-03
- AOI: Friuli Venezia Giulia
- operator: PCFVG
- Data license: As stated in mailing list message, Stefano Salvador declares data has been gathered by volunteers and Protezione Civile operators, hence results belong to RAFVG which by default assings IODL2.0 licence. According to imports mailing list posting this is confirmed by http://mtom.regione.fvg.it/storage//2014_2626/Allegato%201%20alla%20Delibera%202626-2014.pdf
According to OSM ODbl compatibility table, licence is compatible for importing.
Record format and tagging plan
Data will be pruned and adapted to OSM tagging schema thru OpenRefine.
Find below a 2 rows exerpt of scraped and converted CSV:
001 - Parco Borgo S.Antonio,B.go S.Antonio - B.go S.Antonio,"13° 24' 07.34'' E, 45° 48' 05.90'' N" 002 - Piazzale dei Tigli,"S.Valentino - Via Gramsci, 8, 33059, Fiumicello Villa Vicentina","13° 24' 34.21'' E, 45° 47' 27.11'' N"
Source data shall be checked by auditing.
Audit support map
The dataset will be imported on its regional base (OSM admin_level=4). OSM candidate nodes will be presented as pins on this general map. First batch in the following audit map. Next audit maps will be published in Progress paragraph.
- Blue translucent: dataset position
- Blue: OSM position (centroid if polygon)
- Green: new POI, can be dragged in better position.
- Yellow: proposed tag value substitution
- Green: new tag
This audit aims to add missing source data POIs and to update OSM existing ones. Besides, you can take the chance to check:
- name typos
For any doubt, "skip" will postpone POI audit or a "fixme" will be inherited by OSM candidate object.
Import will be managed by OSM user Cascafico; audit will be open to any OSM user accessing audit map.
Step by step operations:
- data scraping
- OpenRefine operations
- community audit
- audit freeze
- osm data generation
- final check thru JOSM
In case of import problems, changeset involved will be reverted using proper reverter
The data is presented in individual html files, one for each municipality. An iterative wget has been executed, based on ISTAT code uniquely defining municipalities.
Some normalizations require general refining operations, performed by OpenRefine:
- name to title case
- DMS to decimal coordinate conversion
Refined data contains fields:
- name (usually locality and/or address name)
- ref (each municipality numbering)
which can be directly be mapped in OSM tags.
Data shall be uploaded manually thru JOSM editor. Dedicated upload account shall be attilaimport.
Changesets should be tagged with:
- source=Protezione Civile Friuli Venezia Giulia
- source:date=2019-TBD-TBD (as defined in source data website)
|tag||audit||audit status||ready to upload||changeset|