Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is just an idea for a future addition to OSM. Import Layers will provide a central repository for data to be imported (CanVec, TIGER, municipal Open Data datasets, etc.) and provide an easier way of importing data.
- Database containing Import Layer of data in .osm format dataset
- Function for converting data in other formats (e.g. .shp) to .osm format and putting them in an Import Layer
- JOSM plugin for downloading a layer from Import Layers in a specific area
- Tool for importing all data from an Import Layer into OSM
- Tool for selectively importing parts of an Import Layer into OSM (e.g. all objects of a certain type, or all data that does not duplicate existing data, or all polygons which do not overlap existing data)
- Tool for comparing OSM data to an Import Layer (sort of like the "TIGER Battle Grid" at ), and for example finding roads in TIGER/CanVec which are missing from OSM or are incorrect in OSM