Jump to navigation Jump to search
Usage on ways
- I know that there are many ways with this tag. But there are hardly any new ways tagged with this tag in the last 4-5 years (e.g. check with )
- There was already a big discussion on whether or not the tagging on ways should be discouraged. The outcome was, that the international community wanted to still allow tagging on ways, for Germany the community was ok with discouraging this tag on ways and also says so on the German wiki page.
- Feel free to change the item in this regard and also you can move the statement to noexit (Q501), that's ok with me.
- One question should still be cleared: Is ERROR: Invalid ID intended to show where tags are used, or where they should be used? The label and the description of the item seem to disagree on that. --Floscher (talk) 08:31, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
- I saw the tag history on taghistory and i found it really interesting! (IMHO the german community decision is reasonable, but it's only my opinion).
- You raised a good question about ERROR: Invalid ID meaning. I read it like in the description (the "should" option). To indicate where tags are used there are a lot of stats tools rather then the Wikibase. But I agree that "used on" is ambiguous... I think it started from Template:KeyDescription that has a "Used on these elements" section. --NonnEmilia (talk) 10:21, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks for explaining. I think the bigger question is - should ERROR: Invalid ID and ERROR: Invalid ID be even set on the tag items if they are the same as on the key items? Also, I have created qualifiers to specify the region - please take a look at noexit (Q501). Thx! --Yurik (talk) 21:04, 26 September 2018 (UTC)