|Specifies whether a feature offers bicycle rental services.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag service:bicycle:rental=* is added as a property to specify whether bicycles can be rented in this feature. The rental can be provided by various kinds of shops, hotels or any other feature that provides bicycle rental. For shops dedicated to renting bicycles, use shop=rental with service:bicycle:rental=*.
Common values are "yes" for a feature which offers bicycle rentals, and sometimes "no" to make it clear that a feature does NOT offer bicycle rental services.
A feature for which the main purpose *is* bicycle rental (such as bicycle-sharing systems or rental shops) should be mapped with amenity=bicycle_rental. This tag is only for other types of features (e.g. a hotel, bicycle shop, ...) which also happens to rent out bikes.
- amenity=bicycle_rental - A bicycle rental point mapped as a feature. Often an automated docking station or similar where you can pick up and drop off rented bikes. Can be also a human-operated bicycle rental location
- amenity=bicycle_library - a volunteer-run place which gather bicycles and rents them out for longer periods (often multiple years), often geared to kids
- service:bicycle:repair=* - specifies whether a feature offers bicycle repair services
- service:bicycle:retail=* - specifies whether a feature sells new bicycles
- Sustainable Map - A map showing places where bicycles can be rented. The map is based on OSM data.