| Glasgow, Scotland|
|latitude: 55.863, longitude: -4.252|
|Browse map of Glasgow 55°51′46.80″ N, 4°15′07.20″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStreetMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project. The events are generally held in a public place, and allow time for discussion, mapping and editing. The event is open to all.
It's fun. It's free. You can help.
More about Mapping parties
- When: Saturday November 6th 2010 11:00-16:00
- Where: CCA: Centre for Contemporary Arts - Electron Club room
- Where: tel : +44 (0)141 352 4900
- User:Hawkeyes - Tim
- Phone: +44(0)-77-3499-6514
- Email: fozy81 AT hotmail.com
- Event schedule:
11:00 Meet at the Electron Club - greetings and introductions
11:30 Survey the local streets around the CCA for points of interest
13:30 Introduction to editing
14:00 Editing, hacking and updating the map
16:00 Finish - go to bar to celebrate!
- If you own a GPS or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have GPS units to loan.
- Weather: This event is rain or shine.
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by registering here or at this link :
CCA: Centre for Contemporary Arts tel : +44 (0)141 352 4900
There is free parking on the surrounding streets after 6.30pm but during the day the nearest free parking is over the M8 about 10mins walk here: . The CCA is a 10min slow walk from Queens Street or Central Station. The nearest subway stop is Charing Cross.
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations for future mapping events.