|latitude: 30.9118, longitude: 75.8516|
|Browse map of Ludhiana 30°54′42.48″ N, 75°51′05.76″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Ludhiana is a town in Punjab at latitude 30°54′42.48″ North, longitude 75°51′05.76″ East.
Mapping party at GNDEC Ludhiana India 2010
The Linux User Group with the Association of Civil Engineers(ACES) of Guru Nank Dev engineering college,Ludhiana is organinsing an event of “Mapping ShimlaPuri” on 18/09/2010(Saturday) at 4:00P.M. For preparing digital map of ShimlaPuri,Ludhiana. It has following objectives.
- To help Govt./NGos for their social welfare schemes.
- To help our community such as traffic police,cabs etc in track locating.
- To help physically challenged people(blind) navigate on their own
- To help grow industrial business in the area of “digital mapping” and to provide scope of placements for students.
We have started this project from gill village and and now Mapping ShimlaPuri thereafter the whole city will be covered. An inaugral Party is being planned at Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College on 18/09/2010 at 4:00P.M.
Open Street Maps
Open Street Maps are Free editable maps. If you want to more about openstreetmap click here
Dean, Test and Consultancy Cell, Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College Ludhiana(Pb) India
There will be two day planning for Mapping Shimlapuri .
Day1 (September 17th, 2010)
- A meeting for all the members of mapping party in Consultancy Hall.
- First Presentation will be delivered by Parveen Arora on an Introduction to openstreetmap.It will includes its features,advantages,openness.
- Second Presentation will be delivered by Inderjit Singh on Software freedom.It will all about the the FOSS i.e. free open source softwares.
- Then a Lecture will be delivered by Dr.H.S.Rai on JOSM.Which is java open streetmap software which is platform independent means can run on any operating system.
- At last a demo will be given by Davinder Kumar(me) on How to work with VGPS-900.It will include its working,Advantages,disadvantages etc.
- Tea Break.
- After that a GPS device will be issued to each group of two or three members of maaping party.
This is all about first day.
Day2 (September 18th, 2010)
- All members of mapping party will meet at Computational lab of civil Engineering.
- There will be lunch break at concrete lab for every mapper.
- Only half of the students will do uploading of maps in Computational lab other half of the students will go for uploading of maps in CC-3 of post graduation block.
- After uploading of maps there will be function of Certificate distribution at Consultancy hall.
- At last a tea break will be there with the closing ceremony of mapping party.
- Meeting on friday(17 september 2010) at 3:30pm.
- Gathering of mappers on 18 september at 1:00pm.
- Lunch between 1:00pm to 1:30pm.
- Uploading of maps at 1:30pm.
- Certificate distribution at 4:30pm.
- Atlast tea time upto 5:30pm.
- Closing of event at 6:00pm
- Venue for Presentations and Certificate Distribution -Consultancy Hall(near library).
- Venue for Mapping -Shimlapuri,Ludhiana.
- Venue for uploading maps -Computational lab(civil department) and CC-3(pg block).
- Venue for Lunch and tea -Concrete Lab.
|Name||Year||Branch||Roll No.||Group no.|
|Ifi Wadhwa||D3||CSE||85097||Group No.12(Device no.9)|
|Amardeep Singh||D3||CSE||85056||Group No.12(Device no.9)|
|Rupinder Kaur||D3||CSE||85016||Group No.7(Device no.2)|
|Harleen Kaur Bedi||D3||CSE||85036||Group No.4(VGPS)|
|Avneet Kaur||D3||CSE||85008||Group No.7(Device no.2)|
|Amarpreet Singh Khangura||D3||CSE||85078||Group No.12(Device no.9)|
|Anant Singh||D3||CSE||85061||Group No.18(Device ETREX)|
|Amrit pal Pathak||D3||CSE||85112||Group No.18(Device ETREX)|
|Prabhpreet Kaur||D3||CSE||85006||Group No.7(Device no.2)|
|Harpreet Kaur||D3||CSE||85037||Group No.3(VGPS)|
|Sulekha Sharma||D3||CSE||85044||Group No.4(VGPS)|
|Ravneet Kaur||D3||CSE||85043||Group No.3(VGPS)|
|Amanpreet Sharma||D3||CSE||85005||Group No.7(Device no.2)|
|Neha Goyal||D3||CSE||85019||Group No.10(Device no.16)|
|Gurjinder Kaur||D3||CSE||85017||Group No.10(Device no.16)|
|Amandeep Kaur Gahier||D3||CSE||85004||Group No.9(Device no.7)|
|Ramandeep Kaur Gill||D3||CSE||85009||Group No.9(Device no.7)|
|Harjot Singh||D3||CSE||85028||Group No.11(Device no.11)|
|Anoop Sharma||D3||CSE||85087||Group No.15(VGPS,DATACABLE)|
|Gaganpreet Kaur||D2||CE||90019||Group No.2(Device No.6)|
|Mandeep Kaur||D2||CE||90018||Group No.2(Device No.6)|
|Aman Dang||D3||ECE||83114||Group No.14(Device no.13)|
|Gurinderdeep Singh Sohi||D3||ECE||83102||Group No.14(Device no.13)|
|Sumer Singh||D3||ECE||83101||Group No.14(Device no.13)|
|Dilpreet Singh Kang||D3||CE||80035||Group No.13(Device no.14)|
|Narinder Pal Singh||D3||CE||80043||Group No.13(Device no.14)|
|Pratap Singh||D3||ME||81075||Group No.15(VGPS,DATACABLE)|
|Abha Aggarwal||D2||ECE||93019||Group No.6(Device no.15)|
|Amanpreet Kaur||D2||ECE||93020||Group No.6(Device no.15)|
|Tanu||D2||ECE||93016||Group No.6(Device no.15)|
|Aastha||D2||CE||90020||Group No.1(Device no.3)|
|Jagroop Singh||D3||IT||86016||Group No.11(Device no.11)|
|Devender Kumar||D3||CSE||85091||Group No.15(VGPS,DATACABLE)|
|Lovleen Jain||D3||CE||80085||Group No.17(OWN GPS)|
|Gagandeep Choudhary||D3||CE||80103||Group No.15(VGPS,DATACABLE)|
|Priyanka Kapoor||D1||IT||106003||Group No.1(Device no.3)|
|Harleen Kaur||D3||CSE||85047||Group No.8(Device no.1)|
|Karneet Kaur||D3||CSE||85048||Group No.8(Device no.1)|
|Jasleen Kaur||D3||CSE||85031||Group No.8(Device no.1)|
|Sanpreet Singh||D2||ECE||93111||Group No.11(Device no.11)|
|Pardeep Singh Dhaliwal||D3||CE||80099||Group No.15(VGPS,DATACABLE)|
|Maniderpal Singh Brar||D3||CE||80131||Group No.17(OWN GPS)|
|Manjeet Kaur||D3||IT||86042||Group No.5(Device no.5)|
|Ravdeep Kaur||D3||IT||86004||Group No.5(Device no.5)|
|Ankit Khanna||D3||CE||80081||Group No.19(OWN GPS)|
|Amritpal singh||D3||CE||80092||Group No.19(OWN GPS)|
|Prabhjot Singh||D3||CE||80100||Group No.19(OWN GPS)|
|Davinder Kumar||D3||CSE||85065||Group No.20(Device GARMIN)|
|Navjot Singh Tung||D2||IT||96053||Group No.20(Device GARMIN)|
|Parveen Kumar||D3||IT||86009||Group No.21(Devic GARMIN)|
|Gursharan Singh Gill||D3||IT||86099||Group No.21(Device GARMIN)|
|Amit Choudhary||D3||CE||80071||Group No.21(Device GARMIN)|
|Jaskanwaldeep Singh||D3||ECE||83103||Group No.21(Device GARMIN)|
posted by:- --Davinderkumar 18:17, 31 March 2011 (BST)
Comments and Experience of Members
Jasleen, Harleen and Karneet-
It was unique experience. Some people got quite inquisitive about our work and asked millions of questions. But still some people were really helpful. Overall it was enjoyable and knowledgeable experience. Hope now i don't get lost. --Davinderkumar 18:53, 31 March 2011 (BST)