|This article or section may contain out-of-date information: The MapsForAll.org website ' was initiated in 2011 as an new alternative to GPStogo, but then left unmaintained due to lack of interest from other contributors. Today it is dead, it has not replaced GPStogo.
If you know about the current state of affairs, please help keep everyone informed by updating this information. (Discussion)
Please upload your Logo ideas for MapsForAll to the wiki and display them here, alternatively they can be emailed to team -at- mapsforall.org.
Here's some info about what the logo should look like: We would like to get an SVG or other vector version. We would also like a few png versions - small (24x24), medium (48x48) and large (256×256). We would also liike a favicon for our website. Really, as much as we can get ;).
It needs to reflect the goals of this project:
- A sub-project of OpenStreetMap.org
- Provide mapping assistance to volunteer mappers in developing countries
- Distribute GPS devices to help mapping
- Distribute OpenStreetMap mapping party resources to volunteer mappers
- Mentor volunteers and provide advice and useful resource links
- Acquire better high-resolution imagery for targetted mapping activation zones
- Create visualisations of mapping progress made by volunteers to the project
The prize - satisfaction and gratitude from this project :)
-- Samlarsen1, 18 August 2011 (16:24 UTC)
No logo was ever proposed.