| Market Harborough, Leicestershire|
|latitude: 52.478, longitude: -0.921|
|Browse map of Market Harborough 52°28′40.80″ N, 0°55′15.60″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Market Harborough is a town in Leicestershire at latitude 52°28′40.80″ North, longitude 0°55′15.60″ West. .
Market Harborough is divided into four wards roughly split by the main roads.
Logan ward is substantially complete to a high level of detail reflecting the fact that much of it pre-dates 1929 and it has been possible to do a lot of tracing from a 25inch to the mile OS map. A good copy of this is hanging in the Admiral Nelson pub on Nelson Street. Nothing south of the railway existed in 1929 so this area is largely mapped using my GPS unit, bike and camera. Nothing much east of Sainsburys is present on that map either so there is more limited scope out that way.
The town centre has also been a test bed for the photogrammetry I've been testing and I've had some good results out of it so far. The Highstreet is substantially complete with most shops now on it. A final couple of visits should finish that off.
On January 1st 2011 the 1960 OS map of Market Harborough (25 inch to the mile) comes out of crown copyright. Leicester records office in Wigston holds a copy of this map. In the new year I'll obtain a copy and rectify it against current data. This should allow most of the rest of the town to be completed to a higher level of detail.
Colour and symbol legend
The status of each map region is indicated by a symbol, which describes the type of feature, and a colour, which indicates the completeness of that feature in a map region.
The status is displayed using a template Template:State
- progress - 1/2/3/4/NA
Meaning of symbols
- - Street names are labelled. This means that the map can be used to find an address - Key: l
- - All housenumbers are present - Key: h
- - All footways are present - Key: fo
- - All wheelchair access is present - Key: d
- - All cycleways, and field and forest roads suitable for bicycles are present - Key: b
- - Roads for car traffic are present. One way streets and pedestrian streets are present. This means that the map can be used for car navigation - Key: c
- - All public transports are present (including name of the bus stop/station names) - Key: tr
- - All stop/station/harbour names are present - Key: ha
- - All bus lines are present (including name of the bus stop names) - Key: bu
- - All trolley/guided bus lines are present (including name of the station names) - Key: ty
- - All tram lines are present (including name of the tram station names) - Key: tm
- - All fast railway lines transports are present (including name of the train station names) - Key: tn
- - All U-Bahn (subway in Germany) lines are present (including name of the station names) - Key: u
- - All S-Bahn (regional commuter train in Germany) lines are present (including name of the station names) - Key: s
- - All steam railway lines transports are present (including name of the train station names) - Key: st
- - All ship lines are present (including name of the harbour station names) - Key: sh
- - All public institutions are present (Churches, sports facilities, venues, schools, hospitals, city hall) - Key: p
- - All petrol stations are present - Key: fu
- - All restaurants and hotels are present - Key: r
- - All tourist attractions are present - Key: t
- - All natural resources are mapped (e.g Water, Lakes and Woodland) - Key: n
Meaning of colours
All roads in Market Harborough believed complete 21st May 2010. Ground survey complete with comparison made to OS Locator and OS Street View.