Microgrants/Microgrants 2020/Proposal/OSM data assessment for flooding modeling and preparation
About your Mapping Community
Tell us a little bit about your mapping community at the moment, some examples of details to include are below, but please provide us with any information you think is relevant. Please write 100-200 words
I work with the OSM_washington community with some mapping and government conflation projects. Most of my time spent on quality assessment tools and finding some mapping inconsistency. We use different tools to monitor the healthiness and data richness in OSM by region by usage. Personally I had the MapQualityMeasure tool that updated every year for the SOTM conference and inspects the road quality in the US across every biggest city in a given state.
What do you need the grant money for?
We want to understand what you plan to buy, how much you plan to buy, and why this will help you to scale your community mapping efforts. There are two tables for you to fill in your response, and you may add more rows as needed. Some examples are in the table for your reference. You are welcome to use a different format in your response, but please make sure to include these details.
- Need a online-communication account to host an online meeting and engage conversations with the local community
- Might need a translator during the meeting if we can't find local OSM members who can help out.
- Times to development methodology and conduct analyses
- Publishing to multiple media sources to share the same analyses to border community.
Give your budget breakdown here. If you would like to present your budget in a tabular format, you can use this tool to convert your spreadsheet into a wikitable and paste the code below here
- 25% of the grant will be used and host one local community meet-up to understand the local mapping activities as well as their focus so we can align better on what's needed to be mapped for flood preparation.
- 25% of the grant will be used for documentation, recording the HOW-TO videos for other countries to use the same process.
- 50% of the grant will be used for assessment methodology creation and data analysis in a selected country.
If you receive a grant, what do you aim to achieve?
It is recommended that this supports mission of the OSM Foundation and your local community. Please provide us with any information you think is relevant including the metrics you expect to achieve. Please write 100-200 words.
- Provide a list of the mapping features that are needed for the local community of flooding preparation.
- Provide the methodology publicly in the OSM community that can be adapted in other countries.
- Facilitate collaboration and define what government data is helpful for the OSM community in terms of flooding preparation.
Do you receive funding from any other sources at the moment?
If you receive funding from other organizations currently, please state how much this is, whether the donations are regular or one off, and how these funds have been raised. Please write no more than 300 words. If you have any sources of co-funding for this grant application, please provide details. Examples of this might be if you have any partners who would be willing to match grant funding if you receive it, or if your project has existing funding. Please provide as much detail as possible.
No, we would like to use microgrant to discover the possibility to use OSM for flooding modeling and preparation
Is there anything you would like OSMF to support you with?
If there is anything which you would like OSMF to support you with in order to strengthen your project, please let us know. For example, this could include building relationships with OSM communities, sourcing updated imagery for mapping projects, or guidance on how to use some of the tools we have created. We want to do our best to support OSM communities, so please let us know what you need. Please write no more than 150 words.
I would like OSMF's help on reaching out to OSM local mapping communities in a selected country and get to know their current status on OSM mapping before the community meeting. I would like to request suggestions on how to publish our finding as well as methodology in various social media and platforms.
By submitting this form to the OpenStreetMap Foundation, you certify the information contained in this application is correct, and that if you are awarded a grant, you will use it only for the purposes described above. You will provide written documentation and receipts for all of your expenses to the OSM Foundation to demonstrate this. You understand that the decisions made by the OSM Foundation Microgrants committee are final.
Muning Braneis (Username: Monica Brandeis)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!