Microgrants/Microgrants 2020/Proposal/Unique Mappers Capacity Building Support For COVID19 Response & Community Empowerment
About your Mapping Community
Tell us a little bit about your mapping community at the moment, some examples of details to include are below, but please provide us with any information you think is relevant. Please write 100-200 words
About Unique Mappers Nigeria Community
- UniqueMappers Nigeria is an emerging Community NGO for OpenStreetMap Community in Nigeria dedicated to Open Data Mapping for a measurable target of Sustainable Development Goals. We map to reach the need of everyone, leaving no one behind, where, everyone is counted using OpenStreetMap and Mobile data collection technology.
- We drive humanitarian response mapping through community engagement and dedicated team of volunteers in various States and Universities in Nigeria.
- We drive gender equality in mapping community using open data mapping and open source Geospatial skill empowerment.
- In the past 3 years, we have grown the OpenStreetMap community in Nigeria across various states and Universities.
- We have also carried out mapping projects using OpenStreetMap to respond to Disaster Risk Reduction, Gender Equality and Food Security with a focus in Nigeria.
- As a small team that started in 2017 as UniqueMappersTeam-Port Harcourt (University of Port Harcourt), affiliate of HOT/YouthMappers,we expanded to more 12 teams/chapters in other Universities and states in Nigeria and presently, we have more than 200 registered community members and more than 1000 OSM subscribers been coordinated in more than 16 WhatsApp group chats.
- We drive gender equality and inclusive mapping community with a dedicated WhatsApp groups for LetGirlsMap and International Women Day Campaign
- We want to build capacity for effective national operation and community engagement, so, as to provide community mapping for COVID19 response
What do you need the grant money for?
We want to understand what you plan to buy, how much you plan to buy, and why this will help you to scale your community mapping efforts. There are two tables for you to fill in your response, and you may add more rows as needed. Some examples are in the table for your reference. You are welcome to use a different format in your response, but please make sure to include these details.
Give your budget breakdown here. If you would like to present your budget in a tabular format, you can use this tool to convert your spreadsheet into a wikitable and paste the code below here
|Item||What do you plan to spend the money on?||Expected cost per unit (in Euros)||Quantity you plan to buy / subscription length||Expected total cost (in Euros)||Why is it needed? (Please give as much detail as possible.)|
|1||Drone-Mavic 2 Pro||1656.02||2||3,312.04||We hire drones to provide imagery for community mapping because we do not have recent imagery covering our mapping task. Having our own drone to serve our communities will scale up the capacity for effective open data mapping and community engagement.|
|3||Extra Battery||193.950||2||387.90||Extra battery is critical for faster and longer flight operation. It saves flight operation time during image data capture|
|4||Zoom Webinar Subscription||11.66||6 months
|69.95||We need UniqueMappers Zoom Webinar Subscription to facilitate our on-going COVID19 Community Empowerment and Mappers Wanted Training Webinar Series.It will help us sustain our training session beyond the free session for effective and quality training session|
|5||COVID19 Mapathon Party||410.04||3 months||410.04|
|6||Data subscription||1230.11.||1230.11||We are ready to respond to COVID19 community mapping, especially, to provide open data for government agencies and other stakeholders to provide household food intervention as well as mapping the spread of COVID19.We cannot achieve this if we do not provide data subscription for our members to map while the lockdown last. The cost of internet access is a great barrier to COVID19 response mapping. We need internet data subscription to scale up our metrics as we monthly provide internet data subscription for our members to map while staying safe at home. This will help us organize Webinar Mapathon Party. For our teams and chapters across Nigeria|
If you receive a grant, what do you aim to achieve?
It is recommended that this supports mission of the OSM Foundation and your local community. Please provide us with any information you think is relevant including the metrics you expect to achieve. Please write 100-200 words. 3. If you receive a grant what do you aim to achieve
- The intends to achieve the following
- Provide Drone for community OSM mapping projects to of Unique Mappers in various states in Nigeria
- Provide the capacity for Drone community training and engagement
- Provide the capacity for regular Community Empowerment & Mappers Wanted Webinar Training for all teams/chapters & local OSM communities
- Provide the capacity for Post-COVID19 Drone Mapping practical training for each chapter/team of Unique Mappers in Nigeria
- Liase with Government agency on COVID19 lockdown Food Intervention and Distribution to provide drone-based Open Data mapping COVID19 Food intervention and Social Distance mapping for specific locations in Nigeria
- Provide Community empowerment/Training to map specific areas in Nigeria with high Risk of COVID19 cases via webinar coordinated mapathon party
- Provide Community empowerment/Internet data subscription to map specific areas of high risk of COVID19 cases & Social Distance failures using the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC) COVID19 updates
- Map 4 major cities/locations with high risk of COVID19 in Nigeria to increase unique mappers missing maps metrics to 400,000 edits (adding at least 200,000 edits on OSM) to respond to COVID19
- Provide the capacity to train at a target of 200 Unique Mappers in Nigeria
- Mobilize and train 200 OSM newbies from various states in Nigeria
4. Do you receive funding from any other sources at the moment? No, we do not have funding now from any source to facilitate capacity building and COVID19 Response Mapping
Do you receive funding from any other sources at the moment?
If you receive funding from other organisations currently, please state how much this is, whether the donations are regular or one off, and how these funds have been raised. Please write no more than 300 words. If you have any sources of co-funding for this grant application, please provide details. Examples of this might be if you have any partners who would be willing to match grant funding if you receive it, or if your project has existing funding. Please provide as much detail as possible.
Do you receive funding from any other sources at the moment? No, we do not have funding now from any source to facilitate capacity building and COVID19 Response Mapping
Is there anything you would like OSMF to support you with?
If there is anything which you would like OSMF to support you with in order to strengthen your project, please let us know. For example, this could include building relationships with OSM communities, sourcing updated imagery for mapping projects, or guidance on how to use some of the tools we have created. We want to do our best to support OSM communities, so please let us know what you need. Please write no more than 150 words. Is there anything you would like OSMF to support you with? We would appreciate technical support to enable us to share our data on our website to enable stakeholders. We are also open to other OSM communities will collaborate with us for any mapping project. We would also like to register our community as OSMF Chapter in Nigeria.
By submitting this form to the OpenStreetMap Foundation, you certify the information contained in this application is correct, and that if you are awarded a grant, you will use it only for the purposes described above. You will provide written documentation and receipts for all of your expenses to the OSM Foundation to demonstrate this. You understand that the decisions made by the OSM Foundation Microgrants committee are final.
Victor N.Sunday vicksun
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
Endorsed by Community Leaders:
- Prof.Joel Umeuduji....OSM username =Umeuduji-----UniqueMappersTeam-Port Harcourt
- Ezugwu Victor ………………………………… victor12345----UniqueMappers-Kogi
- Kingsely Chukwu…………………………….kingVik----LionMappersTeam-UniqueMappers-Enugu
- Prisca Nnetu…………………………………..nnetuprisca-----LionMappersTeam-UniqueMappers-Nsukka
- Mrs Mary Marcellinus………………………prispe-OyoMappersTeam-----UniqueMappers-Oyo
- Chukwudubem Nzewi …………………………dubem-UniqueMappersTeam-Port Harcourt
- Ezinne Egbom ……………………………………..Ezinne Egbom -UniqueMappers-Owerri
- Anointing Ezekiel Ijamulu …………Anointing Ijamulu--Unique mappers Maiduguri
- Ikenna Arungwa…………………………………..iyke - Absumappersteam-UniqueMappers Abia
- Mrs Ify Evangel Obim……………………………ifyobim-----LionMappersTeam/UniqueMappers-Nsukaa
- Agnes Matthew ………………………………. agnes -UniqueMappers Maiduguri
- Joy Henry…………………………………………..stunning……….UniqueMappers-Owerri