Moldova is a country in Europe at latitude 47°00′03.60″ North, longitude 28°23′27.60″ East.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under OpenStreetMap License.|
This page contains information specific to mapping activities about the Republic of Moldova.
- 1 Administrative structure
- 2 Legal
- 3 Postcodes
- 4 Infrastructure
- 5 Natural features
- 6 POI and institutions
- 7 Annexes
- 8 Notes and references
Moldova is divided into 32 districts, 3 municipalities (Chişinău, Bălţi, and Bender), two autonomous territorial units (Gagauzia, and Unitatea teritorială autonomă cu statut juridic special Transnistria)).with special status (
Please refer to the dedicated page for the administrative divisions of Moldova
Republic and territorial units
- Republica Moldova 58974
- Gagauzia 1699032
- Transnistria - has two borders, one suggested by Moldova and the other - by Transnistria:
- Unitatea Autonoma Transnistria 2607033
- Republica Moldoveneasca Nistreana 65335
- Anenii Noi district 1692078
- Basarabeasca district 1104136
- Briceni district 59002
- Cahul district 1699034
- Cantemir district 1699022
- Călărași district 58988
- Căușeni district 65343
- Cimișlia district 1211126
- Criuleni district 1692126
- Dondușeni district 59007
- Drochia district 1693907
- Edineț district 59000
- Fălești district 58984
- Florești district 1693560
- Glodeni district 1693874
- Hîncești district 58991
- Ialoveni district 1691800
- Leova district 1699023
- Nisporeni district 58990
- Ocniţa district 59005
- Orhei district 1692172
- Rezina district 1435790
- Rîșcani district 1693908
- Sîngerei district 58996
- Soroca district 1693523
- Strășeni district 85827
- Șoldănești district 1693561
- Ștefan Vodă district 65344
- Taraclia district 1699033
- Telenești district 58993
- Ungheni district 58985
- Chișinău (wide municipality region) 1691801
- Dubăsari - de facto in Transnistria 1692123
There are 65 towns/cities in Moldova, 3 of them being municipalities, the others being part of a district (See also the dedicated page Cities in Moldova):
- Anenii Noi
- Municipiul Bălţi 58983
- Chişinău 1691801
- Ştefan Vodă
- Tighina/Bender 1702213
- Tiraspolul Nou
- Ungheni 7446674
- Vadul lui Vodă
- Laws governing GIS activities in Moldova: WikiProject Moldova/Laws Base
Attribution and licensing issues
Moldovan postcodes look like MD-xxyy, where the first two digits (xx) indicate the city/district, and the ladder two (yy) - the post office number.
You can find the list of Moldovan postcodes here.
Lista raioanelor cu sate din RM
A dedicated page has been created, please refer it: Moldova/Drumuri
POI and institutions
Things you can do
There are many missing roads that are visible in Bing, you can add them! For example, there are a fair amount of residential roads north of Chsiniau are missing. Also a fair amount of roads are missing in rural areas.
- June 2011 - OSM data is now present on the portal of the National geospatial data fund!
- July 2010 - We now have a non-profit organisation, and it's members have access to submeter aerial imagery!
- Vadul lui Vodă Mapping Party planned for 18.07.2009!
The printed maps of Chisinau were finished on the 8th of October 2009. The size is A0 (~85x85 cm).
Source files: http://public.iap.md/paper_map.zip
The archive includes a PSD file with the frame and legend, and a PNG of the map itself, rendered using MapServer
An updated version was printed in 2012 in Russian and using a custom mapnik style.
Sources available here: http://www.jekader.net/osm/paper_map_2012/
Collada 3D buildings
Generate 3D buildings in collada format embedded in kml. Collada 3D Building
Notes and references
- not to be confused with the Republica Moldovenească Nistreană)! on Wikipedia (