| Moldova, Europe|
|latitude: 47.2, longitude: 28.5|
|Browse map of Moldova 47°12′00.00″ N, 28°30′00.00″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Moldova is a Country in Europe at latitude 47°12′00.00″ North, longitude 28°30′00.00″ East.
This page contains information specific to the Republic of Moldova mapping activities.
- 1 General
- 2 Administrative structure
- 3 Inftasructure
- 4 POI and institutions
- 5 Natural features
- 6 uncategorized
Things you can do
There are many missing roads that are visible in Bing, you can add them! For example, there are a fair amount of residential roads north of Chsiniau are missing. Also a fair amount of roads are missing in rural areas.
- June 2011 - OSM data is now present on the portal of the National geospatial data fund!
- July 2010 - We now have a non-profit organisation, and it's members have access to submeter aerial imagery!
- Vadul lui Vodă Mapping Party planned for 18.07.2009!
Collada 3D Buildings
Generate 3D buildings in collada formrmat embedded in kml. Collada 3D Building
Please reffer dedicated page for Administrative divisions of Moldova
List of cities in Moldova
There are 65 cities in Moldova
Dedicated page: Cities in Moldova.
Moldova is divided into 32 districts, 3 municipalities (Chişinău, Bălţi, and Bender), two autonomous territorial units (Gagauzia and Autonomous Territorial Unit with a Special Status Transnistria (Unitatea teritorială autonomă cu statut juridic special Transnistria)).
- Republica Moldova 58974
- district Anenii Noi 1692078
- district Basarabeasca 1104136
- district Briceni 59002
- district Cahul 1699034
- district Cantemir 1699022
- district Călărași 58988
- district Căușeni 65343
- Chișinău (wide municipality region) 1691801
- district Cimișlia 1211126
- district Criuleni 1692126
- district Dondușeni 59007
- district Drochia 1693907
- Dubăsari - de fapt Transnistria 1692123
- district Edineț 59000
- district Fălești 58984
- district Florești 1693560
- district Glodeni 1693874
- district Hîncești 58991
- district Ialoveni 1691800
- district Leova 1699023
- district Nisporeni 58990
- district Ocniţa 59005
- district Orhei 1692172
- district Rezina 1435790
- district Rîșcani 1693908
- district Sîngerei 58996
- district Soroca 1693523
- district Strășeni 85827
- district Șoldănești 1693561
- district Ștefan Vodă 65344
- district Taraclia 1699033
- district Telenești 58993
- district Ungheni 58985
- Chişinău 1691801
- Bălţi 58983
- Bender/Tighina 1702213
- Gagauzia 1699032
- Transnistria - has two bodrers, one suggested by Moldova and the other - by Transnistria:
- Unitatea Autonoma Transnistria 2607033
- Republica Moldoveneasca Nistreana 65335
A dedicated page has been created, please refer it here
Moldovan postcodes look like MD-xxyy, where the first two digits (xx) indicate the city/district, and the ladder two (yy) - the post office number.
You can find the list of Moldovan postcodes here.
Lista raioanelor cu sate din RM
POI and institutions
The printed maps of Chisinau were finished on the 8th of October 2009. The size is A0 (~85x85 cm).
Source files: http://public.iap.md/paper_map.zip
the archive includes a PSD file with the frame and legend, and a PNG of the map itself, rendered using MapServer
An updated version was printed in 2012 in Russian and using a custom mapnik style.
Sources available here: http://www.jekader.net/osm/paper_map_2012/
- Puscasu Ion
- Budac Andrei
- Covas Igor
- Ruslan Pislaru
- Veaceslav Filimon
- Leah Viorica
- Iacovlev Pavel
- Teddy Bear
- not to be confused with Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (Republica Moldovenească Nistreană)!