|License:||GNU General Public License|
|Platforms:||Linux, Openmoko Linux, and GPE|
|Languages:||German, English, and English|
Touchscreen based Data editor
|Discontinued. Mumpot has not seen any changes to its source since April, 2010. Its author does not seem to be actively contributing to OSM anymore, either, so it must be assumed that Mumpot will not be developed any further.|
Mumpot is a gtk mapping application written by Andreas Kemnade with simple editing features mainly (but not only) for use with mobile devices, tested on a GPE installation on an ipaq2200 and on the openmoko platform. It has still to be considered as beta. Look also at its homepage at http://www.mumpot.org
- displaying of tiled map (especially for those from osm)
- planed routes can be marked (does not use the osm vector data for this), loaded and saved.
- with osm vector data, also shortest path searches can be done
- maps can be printed at some fixed scales.
- osm vector data can be loaded from a file and saved.
- a primitive tag editor, so you can add a missing street name on the move
- can connect to a gps which provides NMEA-Data (using a TCP connection (to gpsd), a bluetooth rfcomm connection, or a serial device (which may also be a bluetooth rfcomm device))
- adding new ways by clicking a button at the beginning of the way and the end of the way, while travelling the way, you can select the highway class, of course this is only advisable when gps connections are good.
- deleting existing ways and nodes, adding new ways (non-live)
- inserting POIs
- OSM API 0.6 support (also upload support)
short installation notes
If you want to be able to upload osm data, you need to install the libcurl-dev packets from your distribution Just do the usual
./configure && make && make install
and then start
Prebuilt packages and source are available at http://pkg-fso.alioth.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mumpot/
creating Debian package
You need to install these packages:
apt-get install fakeroot dh-make pkg-config libxml2-dev libgtk2.0-dev libbluetooth2-dev libbz2-dev
Extract the mumpot source code and run dh_make to configure:
Choose single binary. For compiling run
fakeroot debian/rules binary