NUTS and LAU/Czech Republic
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
- NUTS 1 is whole Czech republic.
- NUTS 2 are "kraje" (aso called VÚSC - vyšší územně správní celky) of two merged "kraje" called "Regiony soudržnosti". There are 8 NUTS-2 regions in Czech republic.
- NUTS 3 are identical to "kraje" + Prague (which is NUTS-3 region), there are 14 of them.
- LAU-1 regions are identical to "okresy", however there is an exception with Prague, which is LAU1. LAU1 codes are identical to former NUTS4 codes. There are 77 of LAU-1 regions.
- LAU-2 references are 6 digit numbers - last 6 digits of former NUTS-5 codes. In many cases former NUTS-5 codes are used in place of LAU-2 codes. NUTS-5 is NUTS-3 five letter code followed by LAU-2 6 digits code.
Interesting links in Czech
- Czech republic tools
- search tool for LAU2 codes - which are called "Kód obce ZUJ" (Základní územní jednotka).