The Open Source Geospatial Foundation, or OSGeo, is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support and promote the collaborative development of open geospatial technologies and data. The foundation provides financial, organizational and legal support to the broader open source geospatial community. It also serves as an independent legal entity to which community members can contribute code, funding and other resources, secure in the knowledge that their contributions will be maintained for public benefit. OSGeo also serves as an outreach and advocacy organization for the open source geospatial community, and provides a common forum and shared infrastructure for improving cross-project collaboration.
OSGeo prepares and releases a live DVD of a variety of open source geospatial software, including software related to Openstreetmap such as JOSM, Merkaartor, Mapnik, Osmarender, Gosmore, and GpsDrive. The latest version (5.0) is based on Xubuntu Natty and is given away at conferences and exhibitions worldwide.
- Website: http://www.osgeo.org/
- Wiki: http://wiki.osgeo.org/
- Conference: FOSS4G 
- Planet: http://planet.osgeo.org/
- IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/#osgeo
- Mailing Lists: http://lists.osgeo.org/
- Tracking: http://trac.osgeo.org/
- OSGeo and OpenStreetMap: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/La_definición_de_Abierto_en_OGC,_OSGeo_y_OSM (Spanish)