For other uses of OWL see OWL (disambiguation)
|OpenStreetMap Watch List|
|Authors||Matt Amos, Paweł Paprota|
API for analyzing and visualizing changes in OSM data
OWL (OpenStreetMap Watch List) is a service that monitors, processes and stores changes in OSM data. A major feature is that rather than calculate the bounding box of all changes in a changeset, OWL attaches changes to small tiles, which are more useful for visualization - it is possible to show only relevant changes, not all changes with overlapping bounding box.
|beta version returns a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error (as of July 2016), services are dead since at least December 2014 (it was working in June 2013)|
- Beta version of OWL/OSM.org website integration (new History tab powered by OWL) is running on zark (go to the location in question and click on "History (beta)").
- OWL API server currently runs at https://owl.openstreetmap.org/.
- API documentation - for coders who want to integrate with OWL
- Installation instructions - only for brave people!
- Hacking - for coders, may also help understand installation/administration
- Benchmarks - loose collection of notes on performance, storage etc.
- Github repository:
- If you're interested in contributing, follow the usual GitHub workflow (fork, change, pull request).
- Bugs, ideas, questions, feature requests and other issues are all tracked using Github issues.
- List of osm.org website issues that can possibly be affected by OWL