Philippines/Events/OpenStreetMap 15th Anniversary
The OpenStreetMap community in Manila organized an annivesary party in Co.Lab Xchange , Pasig to celebrate the project's 15th year of making geodata available to the commons.
Local Community updates
- Ron Casingal, a volunteer from the PUP San Juan CWTS++ community, shared about their summer internship experience from the Summer of Maps with Kaart, and what motivated them to continue as volunteers.
- Erwin Olario shared a summary of what happened in Dumaguete, during the Pista ng Mapa Conference. For the icebreakers they showcased data detections from Mapillary Validation Tasks for fire hydrants and Pic4Review missions to identify crossings and to add the data into OpenStreetMap.
- David Garcia shared their experience with local communities, and their on-going academic work about OpenStreetMap communites in New Zealand and the Philippines.
- Maning Sambale invited the community to contribute to the Tabang-AI initiative announced during the closing activity of Pista Ng Mapa in Dumaguete
- Jen Alconis from the GeoLadies initiative shared their plans for more events in Metro Manila focusing on women and the LGBTQ++ communities, to support the diversity, inclusiveness and promote the participation of marginalized sectors.
The activity also managed to attract a number of first time attendees who expressed an interest in continuing their voluntary activities and contributions to the OpenStreetMap project .