Potlatch 2/Developer Documentation/Compiling with Flex Builder
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Debugging with FlashBuilder/FlexBuilder
Here's how I (Steve Bennett) made a project using FlexBuilder 3.0.2. You apparently don't need ant to build with.
- Git clone the potlatch2 repository somewhere, say inside c:\pot
- File | New Flex Project (no server), set the source path as
- set output folder to
- set library path ("add SWC folder") to
version.asand make up some stuff inside
- Remove the "
<output>...</output>" line from potlatch2-config.xml. Don't ask me why.
- Set Flex SDK version - configure it to point to SDK 4.5
- Under HTML Wrapper, set the required Flash Player version to 10.1.85 (otherwise you get "type not found" errors)
- (Actually I had to make it to 10.2.0 or higher with SDK 4.51)
- Update Flash global security settings to allow access to c:\pot\potlatch2\resources (otherwise you get SWF security errors)
- Update browser settings (Window | Preferences...) to use a browser that has Flash Debug Player installed (ie, not Chrome).
- Right click on potlatch2.mxml, and select "Set as default application"
- Under debug settings (click the bug drop down, Other...):
- Double click "flex application" to make a new default configuration.
- Turn off "Use defaults", make debug (and possibly run and profile) point to an HTML host file that passes the right settings to potlatch2.swf, passing lat/long coordinates of a place you want to edit.