Proposed features/Car wash
|See Tag:amenity=car_wash for description how this tag is used|
|Definition:||A place where cars are washed, either by hand or with automatic machinery.|
|Rendered as:||Car with soap foam|
Applies to nodes:
- automated=yes|no - set to no when washed manually
- brushless=yes|no - some prefer washing machines that use only high pressure water and no spinning brushes
- name=No touch Express
- And one in London, England (just south of Clapham South) as of about now --Breezer 01:09, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- and one in Latvia, Riga --Richlv 11:35, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- The tags self_service and automated are a littlebit inartfully expressed I think. Because self_service means that it is not automated and automated means that it is not self_service. So normaly you just need only one of these tags. Or am I missunderstanding the meaning of the tags? S.A.L. 08:51, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- not self service: you drive to the entrance, someone comes to your window to collect money and might spray pre-wash detergent on the dirtiest spots, you drive forward to the washing machine (or washing place)
- self service: you park, find a cashier or a payment machine, then go back to your car and drive to where the actual washing takes place
- not automated: someone (you or personnel) uses a hose or a bucket of water, detergents and swamps to clean the car
- automated: a machine does all the washing once the car has been positioned correctly
- Any combination of these is possible, even if the combination of not self service and not automated is unlikely. Alv 23:04, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Many car washes belong to a fuel station. Those are taged with amenity already. Wouldn´t it be better to use the tag car_wash=yes instead? Plexi32 17:42, 20 December 2008
- I tag these as amenity=fuel;car_wash. -- AM909 22:25, 8 January 2010 (UTC)
The current level of tag definition is fine for me. When the votation will start ? -- FabC 15:57, 8 may 2009
I agree with the separate self_service and automated tags, except that I would tag them as follows:
- automated=no + self_service=no - A hand-wash place where they wash your car for you by hand (no machine).
- automated=no + self_service=yes - An unattended place with stalls where you feed it coins and you then use the supplied power-spray nozzle to wash the car yourself.
- automated=yes + self_service=no - A normal full-service standalone carwash, where they drive the car into and out of the machine for you. I would consider this the default for amenity=car_wash if neither tag is present.
- automated=yes + self_service=yes - Normally found at fuel stations. You drive through the machine after paying either an attendant or inserting coins. I would consider this the default for amenity=fuel;car_wash if neither tag is present.
Are there any other types of car washes? -- AM909 22:25, 8 January 2010 (UTC)
- self_service=yes doesn't necessary mean "an unattended place with stalls where you feed it coins". Many fuel stations have possibility to hand wash your own car and pay in the shop. --Erik Lundin 01:50, 10 January 2010 (UTC)
amenity=car_wash was used on 1435 objects (12 August 2009). --Telegnom 10:34, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
Instead of brushless=yes/no I suggest 'washing=plastic_brushes/textil_brushes and for the mentioned cleaning high pressure water cleaning something matching. -- Malenki 12:45, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
- I'd second that there should be a special value for high pressure water cleaning. I'm not against putting them under a car_wash amenity, but these are often used to clean other stuff and should be tagged more explicitly than just as car wash without brushes. -- BearT (talk) 14:37, 23 October 2014 (UTC)