Proposed features/Incline railway
Provide a general way to tag an incline railway, as well as a way to indicate which type of drive system is used on any railway.
railway:traction=* may be used to indicate the drive system of the railway, if it requires a specialized track system.
- the implicit default value, indicating that the drive system is unknown.
- A cable-driven railway. (e.g. the San Francisco cable car system)
- A Funicular railway. These are driven by a single cable connected to two cars, each acting as a counterweight for the other. There is a specialized, split section of track in the middle of the length of the line where the cars can pass each other.
- A rack-and-pinion driven railway (also known as a Cog railway)
- Proposed features/Rack railway for another proposal covering only rack/cog railways
- Proposed features/Funicular railway for another proposal covering only funicular railways
Please use the talk page