(Redirected from Proposed features/Silo)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The proposal Silo was built without a vote and the tagging is widely established based on this proposal. The Feature Page for the proposal Silo is located at Tag:man_made=silo.
|Proposal status:||Inactive (inactive)|
|Applies to:||node , area|
This is a proposal for tagging for silos. A silo is a storage container for bulk material, often grains such as corn or wheat. The most commonly noticed form is a one or more connected round towers. See also man_made=storage_tank.
Being mostly tall structures, silos are landmarks which lend themselves to navigating. Most silos are easy to discern from other structures by the layperson.
- height=* = <height of the silo in meters>
- produce=* or product=* = crop|silage|manure|cement|grit|salt|etc
- name=* = <name of facility, if known and signed>. If only the silo is mapped, this tag is appropriate. Else tag the entire facility.
- operator=* = <company name or similar>. If only the silo is mapped, this tag is appropriate. Else tag the entire facility.
- building:material=* = wood|metal|steel|brick|concrete|etc
Use Talk:Proposed_features/silo. Note there is a proposal to map silos as man_made=gasometer, a proposal which is likely to be more confusing to mappers than man_made=silo.