Proposed features/last checked
|The key survey:date=* is in use.|
|Tagging:||last_checked=date in ISO 8601|
|Definition:||The last date the details of an object were checked to be correct.|
This proposal is for adding information of when the information of an object was last checked to be correct.
Much data becomes inacurate at varying time of decay. E.g. bus routes change, and at least in my area I estimate that 10-20% of the restaurants change name and/or cuisine within a year.
By using a last_checked tag you can easily find objects that needs checking in a given area.
Just using timestamps on the object history is not enough, since the object might have been edited without information beeing checked. (E.g. slightly move the node of a restaurant after the nearby road is better surveyed with GPS)
- Nodes (e.g. restaurants and other POIs)
- Ways (e.g. roads with specified maxspeed=*)
- Relation (e.g. bus routes)
No special rendering other than perhaps as an "old data warning" overlay.
Use the talk page please.
Voting has not started!
- I approve this proposal. xylome 14:37, 16 September 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Useful feature --Surly 05:23, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Useful feature Vovkav 18:58, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. IMHO Very useful --mea.john 09:49, 18 March 2010 (UTC)