|Date of last time the feature was surveyed|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The date should be specified using the ISO 8601 standard. This standard specifies that date must follow the order year → month → day, separated by hyphen (-), such as 1990-12-24 for the 24th day of December in 1990 or 2022-02-02 for the 2nd day of February in 2022. If the exact date is not known or required, yyyy-mm or yyyy is used.
This key should only be used when providing the survey date would be of some value to the OSM community, for example the survey date of a hiking route, which is helpful to estimate the chance of it still being reasonably reliable.
- start_date=* to indicate the date when the feature was physically founded or opened or when its construction officially finished
- source=* to indicate through which means the object's information was acquired (especially useful when the source's quality is uncertain)
- note=* to create a note to yourself and other mappers
- fixme=* to mark objects and places that need further attention
- check_date=* similar but more general tag, does not specify that the information was checked by survey