|Definition:||The maximum legal height in metres|
On 2009-09-24 User:Skippern had this tag rejected in Proposed_features/clearance because many saw it as a duplicate of maxheight=*. Since this the discussion have reappeared because of different definition of maxheight=*. This proposal have a goal to have at least one tag with the definition for legal maxheight. This can be done with the addition of a new tag or redefining the old.
Please discuss on the talk page.
Pros for tagging legal height restrictions with maxheight:legal
- Clear definition in the name
- Does not redefine the already well used tag
- Original definition of maxheight in  did not include the word legal
- Fits with maxheight:physical=*
- Leaves maxheight=* for unknown legal or physical
Pros for tagging legal height restrictions with maxheight
- Many mappers have read the definition of maxheight=* as legal maxheight (and many times it have been the definition)
- No need to clutter map features with more tags
- Few software have support for maxheight:legal
- Fits with established max* tags (maxspeed=*!) that have legal meaning without :legal suffix