Proposed features/scaled down streets that may be used for traffic safety education or as a type of a playground
|Page Tag:amenity=traffic_park exists and describes actual tag use|
|scaled down streets that may be used for traffic safety education or as a type of a playground|
|Status:||Draft (under way)|
|Proposed by:||Mateusz Konieczny|
traffic park is area with scaled-down road and intended as place where children can learn the rules of the road. It typically includes traffic signs and "roads" may be used by children on bicycles or other pedal-powered vehicles. Use may be focused on safety training or on playground for children (with little to no safety training taking place).
Such areas may be known under following names:
- "traffic park"
- "transportation park"
- "traffic garden"
- "safety village"
- "Bicycle Safety Centre"
- "learn to ride centre"
- "traffic playground"
- "miasteczko rowerowe" ("bicycle town") in Polish
- "miasteczko ruchu drogowego" ("traffic town") in Polish
- "verkeerspark" ("traffic park") or "verkeerstuin" ("traffic garden", promotional term) in Dutch
- "Verkehrs(schul)garten" ("traffic garden") or "(Jugend-)Verkehrsschule" ("traffic school") in German (Wikipedia)
There are also similar places to learn driving in cars (proposed: amenity=driver_training). See for example https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plac_manewrowy#/media/Plik:Plac_do_nauki_jazdy_w_Bia%C5%82ymstoku_(Akces).jpg
Currently there is no documented tagging scheme for this feature. At the same time some people want to map it, many of them are newbies leaving an area with just name. It would be useful to have tag for such areas at least to allow tagging during cleanup of partially tagged objects.
At the same time there is no recognizable name for this feature what makes selecting a good tag impossible.
Proposed tags included:
Yes, this tag value is kind of joking one, caused by failure to find any sane value that would be both clear and understandable
Note that multiple tagging schemes may be used at once, for example:
leisure=playground + amenity=traffic + playground=traffic_park + training=practical_application_of_traffic_rules + man_made=scaled_down_streets_that_may_be_used_for_traffic_safety_education_or_as_a_type_of_a_playground
is perfectly OK and it may be preferable over using just a single tagging scheme.
Cycleways inside area may be tagged usually, tagging problems applies only to area covering entire feature.
- I have also been using amenity=traffic_park for a while (since you suggested this option here, I believe), with additions like traffic_park=bicycle and traffic_park:for=child (see for example here, there or this one). The training roads could be specified with highway=service + service=training. --Supaplex030 (talk) 19:09, 25 December 2020 (UTC)
Please add new info to this page directly or comment on the discussion page.
Not planned, this page is intended to gather info about a specific feature and possible tagging schemes rather than propose a single tagging scheme.