|amenity = traffic_park|
|An area with scaled-down roads where children can learn the rules of the road.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Traffic park is area with scaled-down road and intended as place where children can learn the rules of the road. It typically includes traffic signs and "roads" may be used by children on bicycles or other pedal-powered vehicles. Use may be focused on safety training or on playground for children (with little to no safety training taking place).
Such areas may be known under following names:
- "traffic park"
- "transportation park"
- "traffic garden"
- "safety village"
- "Bicycle Safety Centre"
- "learn to ride centre"
- "traffic playground"
- "miasteczko rowerowe" ("bicycle town"), "park rowerowy" ("bicycle park"), "miasteczko ruchu drogowego" ("traffic town") in Polish
- "verkeerspark" ("traffic park") or "verkeerstuin" ("traffic garden", promotional term) in Dutch
- "Verkehrs(schul)garten" ("traffic garden") or "(Jugend-)Verkehrsschule" ("traffic school") in German (Wikipedia)
- "Πάρκο Κυκλοφοριακής Αγωγής" in Greek
How to Map
It is also OK to mark it with a point.
- Proposed features/scaled down streets that may be used for traffic safety education or as a type of a playground - summary of situation that lamented that there is no great tag for them and mentioned amenity=traffic_park as a viable option. Other possible tagging methods are mentioned there, none is superior, discussion failed to find anything better.