|tourism = theme_park|
|An amusement park, discovery parks, open-air museums, Miniature Park|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A theme park or amusement park is an area where entertainment is provided by rides, game concessions, etc. The tourism=theme_park tag should be used whether or not it has a theme. Examples include the Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, , , and .
This includes nature discovery parks or large-scale open-air museums or Miniature Park.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- General tags
- leisure=water_park for a theme park with water rides
- opening_hours=* for defining set operating times for attractions, shops, transporation, park hours, etc. Or place a link to page with hours.
- website=* for a user to find more information about the park. Generally page lands on park's site instead of resort's site
- operator=* for defining the company that operates the park
- landuse=forest for tagging area of trees that are maintained
- natural=wood for tagging area of trees that are not maintained
- leisure=garden for tagging a green space inside a park.
- landuse=grass for tagging grass spaces.
- natural=tree for tagging trees
- natural=water for tagging real or man-made water areas
- amenity=fountain for using to show man-made fountains (way) or a fountain head inside waterway (node)
- barrier=fence for showing enclosed spaces. Generally around garden spaces, attractions, and park boundaries
- type=multipolygon for using a series of way to define an outer and inner space like an island on a lake or a building that is not fully roofed.
- highway=pedestrian for tagging large walkways generally large enough for a vehicle to drive on
- highway=footway for tagging small walkways
- highway=steps for tagging a pathway/highway that has steps in it.
- wheelchair=* for adding description on for wheelchair accessibility
- area=yes for showing large open area of footways/pedestrian ways
- bridge=yes for showing a highway/railway being raised over a gap
- barrier=gate for showing a gate that regular guests any or may not interact with. Generally showing an entrance/exit around park entrance, attractions, employee-back areas.
- building=yes for showing an enclosed building
- building=roof for showing a building missing walls
- tourism=attraction for an individual attraction in a theme park, or a standalone attraction. (node or way)
- attraction=* for defining an attraction type (i.e. carousel, roller_coaster, transportation, dark_ride, etc.)
- railway=narrow_gauge for defining a roller coaster track (used until railway=roller_coaster is approved by OSM community)
- entrance=* generally tags include main, yes, exit, and service but can be used to insert user defined tags like standby.
- shop=gift for tagging places for people to buy park merchandise (node or way)
- shop=kiosk for tagging free-standing shops outside like a hat stand or a trinkets stall. (node or way)
- amenity=restaurant for a sit down restaurant with a server generally. (node or way)
- amenity=fast_food for a quick service food generally in the form as a walk up window. (node or way)
- amenity=ice_cream for a frozen treats. (node or way)
- cuisine=* for tagging dining expirances food type like american, regional, italian, burger, etc.
- highway=service for defining a roadway not used for public vehicles.
- amenity=parking for parking areas
- service=parking_aisle for defining a parking aisle in a ground parking lot.
- access=* Generally used with private/prohibited/permissive/designated/destination/emergency to help show on the map with a person can drive on it and with navigation GPS service using OSM data.
- route=ferry for defining a boat's pathway
- railway=rail for use on trains using regular size tracks
- railway=preserved for use on trains using a historical rail line.
- railway=narrow_gauge for use on trains using a rail size other then then standard size
- railway=monorail for use on trains with a single rail only either supported by ground beam or an over-hanging beam. (Not for use on roller_coasters)
- railway=tram for use on trains that run on footway/pedestrian streets may be electric or not.
- (Most transportation tags use relationship-type tags)
- Useful Tags
- amenity=atm for a place to allow guest to pull cash out of their bank (operator=* tag is used to help show which bank operates it to determine if fees apply. Also fee=yes can be used)
- amenity=bench for showing park benches (generally for use on benches that are built in or bolted to ground and will not move)
- amenity=drinking_water for showing location of a drinking fountain
- amenity=post_box a box where mail can be sent from.
- amenity=telephone a device on a wall that charges a fee to make a phone call.
- amenity=theatre for showing location of a theater. (node or way)
- amenity=toilets for showing public restrooms. (node or way)
- highway=elevator for showing a place where a person can be lifted/lowered to another level of a building or across an elevation. Can be placed in middle of building. (node or way)
- highway=street_lamp for showing lights in the park that aluminate park pathways (generally free-standing and taller than 1.5 meters)
- emergency=defibrillator for showing location of an Automatic Emergency Defibrillator (AED).
- emergency=fire_hydrant for showing fire hydrants inside the park.
- tourism=artwork for showing where a piece of art is located like a statue.
- tourism=informationfor showing park services that can give information.
- tourism=viewpoint for showing a place where a person to stand to see an interesting vista.
- on Wikipedia