Qwant Maps is an open source project made by the creators of the search engine Qwant, mainly using OSM data to render its maps. The web application respects the user's privacy, and claims to never track or sell user data.
The projects features a location search, visualisation of POI data, as well as car, pedestrian, and bike routing.
- the frontend is called Erdapfel: https://github.com/QwantResearch/erdapfel
- the tileserver is based on Kartotherian: https://github.com/Qwant/kartotherian_docker
- the geocoder is Mimirsbrunn
- the internal backend API is called Idunn: https://github.com/Qwant/idunn
Quant Maps adds, next to existing foot, car and bike routing a routing service for public transport. However, the service is only available for the major French cities and major European cities. "... disponibles pour les grandes villes de France et les plus grandes villes européennes."
- Romain Challand: Qwant Maps propose désormais des itinéraires en transports en commun. Les Numeriques, 2022-09-22 online