Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Roads to Rome All roads leas to Rome [^[1^](#wn282_roads_to_rome). Thanks to [Moovel Lab](http://lab.moovel.com/).]
- The destination key has continued to grow and they has surpassed the exit_to tags - at least in the US.
- To increase transparency of rainforest logging activities, the World Resources Institute and Moabi launched the Logging Roads Initiative to record logging roads in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Mapzen's "Targeted Editing" this time is focussed on schools with the subtitle: "For schools, polygons are twice as nice!"
- Joost Schouppe created a map to compare the GRB road data from AGIV with what is mapped in OSM. A short legend was posted to the Belgian mailing list. (Niederländisch)
- Mapper in the Spotlight: Lutz Lange, one of the brains behind "HistoricPlace" and the "Historic Place Map".
- Marc Ducobu describes how the data of OSM and Urbis (Brussels) can be compared. Marc's article is in French, the website of Urbis is available in Dutch, French and English.
- The ruling on the appeal at the case Ulf Möller will be passed on 14.01.2016 at the Federal Court of Justice of Germany in Karlsruhe. The mapper, geocacher, developer at OpenSSL and other projects was killed in January 2012.
- Jonah Adkins would like to import in Poquoson (Virginia) buildings and addresses.
- Borut Maricic would like to import in Upper Styria (Austria) waters. The necessary wiki page and discussion on the import list are still missing.
- Rob Nickerson forces the creation of “a UK/GB OpenStreetMap group”.
- Richard Weait published the detailed board election results.
- Since the 1980s the Association of "Friends of the Gardens of La Oliva" has planted more than 300 trees (species from all over the world) in the common areas of the District of La Oliva in Sevilla. On Saturday, 19th OSM mapper will help to map the unique species of this "public garden" of La Oliva. The aim is to create an online botanical atlas.
Гуманитарная команда ОСМ
- User dekstop asks "Should we teach JOSM to first-time mapathon attendees?".
- Andrew Harvey announces the bush walking site which uses OSM-data
- Jonas, the co-maintainer of GNOME Maps, announces more features to GNOME 3.20, including basic editing of OSM, with "more to come".
- "Roads to Rome" by Benedikt Groß, Philipp Schmitt & moovel Lab is a data viz project exploring one of the biggest unsolved quests of mobility: Do all roads really lead to Rome? :) More details and how to redefined the territorial extents of the EU and US based on travel times under the project page. The routing was done on the basis of OSM data & GraphHopper. What does it mean - roads to Rome?
- The municipality of SãoPaulo, the largest cities in Latin America, announced on Twiitter that the building cadastre is available within 30 days on Geosampa.
- Since Wednesday, December 09 2015, the South Tyrolean Open Data Portal is online. Many of the records are available under the CC-0.
- It is an old custom at least in Central Europe that children before Christmas write a wish list. If they behaved well, it may be that they will get some of the gifts from the wish list. Stefan Keller from Hochschule Rapperswil wrote his wish list on twitter. Let's hope, that he behaved well. ;-)
- QGis strarted a Crowd funding project. The target of 32k € will be used to create a module to import CAD documents.
- Victor Olaya the main developer of QGIS processing framework describes in the blog of boundlessgeo the latest developments in processing.
|Программное обеспечение||Версия||Дата выпуска||Комментарий|
|Mapillaray for Android||1.68||2015-12-14|
|Mapillary for iOs||4.0.6||2015-12-09|
А вы знаете …
- ... that some have to pay for... (automatic translation)
- ... the London centered Isochronic map from 1914 (via GeoCensos)
- ... Maps Mania? Although the URL of the blog suggests something different, most map (styles) are still influenced by OSM. ;)
Другие “гео” события
- Klaus Bechthold, founder of GPSies, talks in his blog altitude - GPSies seeks truth amusing and easy to understand the problem of calculation of heights and as GPSies makes it. (automatic translation)
- A strange title, but a nice an essay about maps.
- Вы ищите новую работу?
|Austria||Vienna||Autrian Institut of Technologie||Scientist für Visual Analytics|
|Germany||Heidelberg||Universität Heidelberg||Wissenschaftliche(r) Mitarbeiter/-in Geoinformatik|
|teleconferencing, 8pm||GB/UK org forming conf call||12/17/2015||UK|
|in tutta Italia||La Notte dei Mappatori Viventi||12/18/2015||Italia|
|Bari||Scopriamo i luoghi della cultura con gli OpenData (Wikimedia Italia - OpenPuglia)||12/18/2015||Italia|
|Lyon||Missing Maps mapathon, Lyon||12/18/2015||France|
|Taipei||OpenStreetMap Taipei Meetup, Mozilla Community Space||12/28/2015||Taiwan|