Red Nacional de Caminos (RNC)
It's a dataset that provides a unique ground transport network that integrates national highways roads and trails of the country, modeled and structured with the technical specifications for Intelligent Transport Systems, to determine routes in GIS-oriented analysis of transport networks, maintaining the connectivity of interconnection services such as airports, ports, railway stations and various destinations between urban and rural locations plus points of interest, among others.
Aggregation Level : Country Latest update: 2014 Number of layers: 10
|Layer Name (Spanish)||Layer Name (Translation)||Feature Type|
|Sitio_de_Interes||Point of interest||Point|
Composition of the RNC (Data Inputs)
- Topographic Data, Scale 1:50,000 available up to 2010
- Street center lines from the NGC version 5.0
- CVU edtion 1.0, published in 2011
- National Inventory of Infrastructure for Transportation (INIT) 2011, published by the Communications and Transport Office (SCT) with field surveys circa 2007 an updated with satellite imagery.
Documentation from INEGI:
- [/download/attachments/45779863/Red_Nacional_de_Caminos_EN_v1.0.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1423713774000&api=v2 Dataset descriptive document (Includes each feature's definition)]
- Data Dictionary ([/download/attachments/45779863/Diccionario_de_Datos_de_la_Red_Nacional_de_Caminos.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1427181339000&api=v2 Spanish]) (English)
Data Release Cadence: Annual (Planned)