Rochester Mapping Party
Rochester Mapping Weekend
We're putting Rochester (map), NY on the Map!
Saturday June 14th and Sunday June 15th, 2008
- 10:00am Networking and Introductions.
- 10:30am Welcome
- 10:35am Introduction to OpenStreetMap and Q&A
- 11:15am Mapping plans
- 11:30am New mappers begin adventure
- 3:00pm Mappers return to Schlegel Hall for data input and upload
- evening - Social gathering. Details to be determined.
- 10:00am Networking and Introductions
- 10:30am Review and lessons learned.
- 10:45am Mapping plans
- 11:00am Determine remainder of Sunday schedule
- University of Rochester
- Schlegel Hall
- Room 301
- Schlegel Hall is behind Gleason Hall and near the Dewey parking lot.
- Also near the intersection of Hutchison Road and Wilson Boulevard
Introduction to OpenStreetMap
The Intro to OSM presentation will cover the basics of OpenStreetMap as well as how to collect data for the Rochester Mapping Weekend. It is suitable for those new to OSM and all with an interest any of the following topics GPS, mapping, GIS, Free / Libre Open Source Software, neighborhoods.
There will be something for everyone and you'll be able to map things that interest you. Most of the planning involves mentioning what you plan to do so that we don't have too much overlap and duplication.
Lots to do on the campus of University of Rochester and RIT as well!
Great local cycling community. How about the riverside trails, cycle lanes in town and exercise trails?
Neighborhoods, Checking TIGER data with ground truth. Traffic calming zones. Lots to see and do.
Who is involved? Who will be mapping?
Add yourself to the list.