- To import building outlines.
- Write OSM Wiki page in English and Japanese. / done
- Make working account. / Named Sabae_bld_import
- Discuss in Japanese community. / done
- Discuss in Import ML. / Now
- then import.
Provide links to your sources.
Data source site: provided from Sabae city
Data license: Sabae city local government is going to promote Open data sharing and Download.We can use to free.
Type of license (if applicable): CC BY (3.0 JP) / If we import, data is OSM(ODbL).
OSM attribution (if required): http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#yourdataprovider
Link to permission (if required): provided from Sabae city
OSM Data Files
Data accuracy is 1/2500. Data creation year is 2008.
This is a one-time import and will be done using manual efforts including using JOSM to validate the input.
The Shapefile has only one column, and 4 attributes. Tags are applied as following rule.
|Attribute||Shape||Attribution code||OSM Tagging|
|normal building / 普通建物||line
|3001||building = yes|
|solid building  / 堅牢建物||line
|3002||building = yes
building:material = concrete
|normal roof / 普通無壁舎||line||3003||building = roof|
|solid roof / 堅牢無壁舎||line||3004||building = roof
roof:material = concrete
 "solid" means as "made by concrete" in definition by Japanese law.
- source = "Sabae City Tokeizu"
- source_ref = "http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sabae/bld_import"
converted with ogr2osm script.
Data Transformation Results
Data Merge Workflow
Unless someone else steps up to assist with this project, I'll be going alone. Kenyat_Geography
List all factors that will be evaluated in the import.
- Divided the shapefile as 153 neighborhood area.(done)
- Convert them as .osm file. (done)
- Run JOSM validation on each .osm file.
- Load .osm file to JOSM, and download raw data for target area.
- Conflate with existing data.
- Changeset size policy
None, the most biggest file size is 1.4MB (7484 objects).
This import will be done by dedicated account "Sabae_data_import".
So if some problems happen, I'll revert it's changeset one by Kenyat_Geography.
Existing data has priority. Will be checked by JOSM validation.
Add your QA plan here.