skp2osm lets you use OpenStreetMap in SketchUp.
Create 2D outline of a building using 1-2 photos. This is to be a useful tool for areas where high resolution satellite imagery is not available.
|You are not allowed to trace Google satellite imagery in SketchUp and submit the results to the OSM database!|
|You are not allowed to use SketchUp 3D Warehouse to derive 2D outline of a building to be submitted to the OSM database!|
| Google Sketchup Plugin|
|Platforms:||Windows and macOS|
Plugin to use OSM in the SketchUp editor
- Import of OSM files to SketchUp
- Import of GPS tracks in NMEA and GPX formats to SketchUp
- Export from SketchUp to OSM file
- You should know how to do 3D modelling in SketchUp. You should know how to reconstruct 3D buildings from photos using SketchUp's Photo Matching tool
- The photos used for 2D outline reconstruction should not be cropped!
Download the plugin from here and unpack to Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 8\Plugins
On mac the folder is: /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Plugins
- Reconstruct 2D outline of a building using Photo Matching tool. The outline should be parallel to XY plane otherwise it will not be exported to OSM file.
- Prepare OSM files and GPS tracks to be imported to SketchUp. Their extent should be quite small.
- File -> Import... to import the files to SketchUp.
- Place the reconstructed 2D outline to an appropriate location inside OSM ways and/or GPS tracks using Tape Measure, Move, Scale and Rotate tools
- Export the 2D outline to OSM file: File -> Export to OpenStreetMap file... The outline will be exported with the tags building=yes and source=skp2osm
- Open the just exported OSM file in JOSM for final editing and sending to the OSM database.
- Non-latin characters in the path to imported and exported files are not supported
- Export of grouped objects is not supported. If you group objects in SketchUp, remove grouping before exporting to OpenStreetMap file.
- Mapbox Map Importer – proprietary SketchUp extension for importing Mapbox maps, including those based on OSM