The documentation of the import proposals that were made between 2011 and 2016, which were previously on this page, are in Spanish Cadastre/2011-2016
The Cadastre in Spain
The Catastro Inmobiliario is an administrative register dependent on the Ministry of Finance and Public Function in which rustic, urban and special properties are described. It is regulated by the Revised Text of the Real Estate Cadastre Law, the registration in it is mandatory and free, characteristics that differentiate it from the Property Registry.
The cadastral description of the real estate includes its physical, legal and economic characteristics, among which are its location, cadastral reference, surface, use, cultivation, graphic representation, cadastral value and cadastral titleholder.
Import of buildings and addresses
Since February 2018, imports of buildings and addresses are being carried out following the proposal Spanish_Cadastre/Buildings_Import
Brief History of the use of Cadastre data in OSM
- 2007-2011: WMS, PDF. During this period we used their WMS server to draw buildings and as a reference in a timely manner. The Cadastre allows it, with the only limitation of not carrying out massive downloads. The first massive imports are made, which were detected and reverted by the community. At least one massive import in Cantabria was made, based on the article 13 of the Intellectual Property Law (the laws are not subject to intellectual property). In 2011, Iván Sánchez develops catastreitor and Oscar Fonts cadatro2postgis.
- July 3, 2011: The Cadastre changes the license, allowing Spanish citizens to mass download, transform and distribute Transformed data under any other license.
- July 2011 to January 2013: SHP, Cat2Osm. DeustoTech (University of Deusto) form a working group to organize and create a tool to transform the SHP files: Cat2Osm. They document the proposal in the wiki and have an open debate with the Spanish community. In 2012 Carlos Dávila and Ander Pijoan sent the proposal to the imports list and presented the tool. During the review and discussion process in this list (more than 40 emails), numerous problems are found. Even without the approval of imports, some imports are done.
- January 2013 to November 2016: SHP, Cat2Osm2. In 2013, Cruz Enrique Borges presents a new version of the tool (Cat2Osm2) in the imports list, addressing the issues detected in the previous version. During this process other problems are found, some of which will remain unresolved.
- November 2016 until today: 'ATOM, catatom2osm' . Gonzalo Pesquero opens the debate again on the Spanish list and Pepe Casado suggests using the by then recent ATOM services from the Cadastre. At the virtual meeting in January 2017, we approved by consensus to prepare the imports of the Cadastral buildings with the interesting metadata for OSM, except the portal numbers if there is a better source. Javier Sánchez creates a tool for the data conversion: catatom2osm. After the review by the Spanish community, in January 2018 Javier presents the proposal and the tool in the imports list. This time there are no problems, so we have started the imports using the task manager, following the import guide.