Standardise public health institutions of Kerala
The public health institutions under Department of Health Service(DHS) in Kerala are tagged inconsistently and name is not standardised. It is proposed that the name may follow the structure <Type of Hospital> <Place> or <Type of Hospital>, <Place> - Where type of Hospitals can be Community Health Centre, Family Health Center etc. The list of hospitals under their control are available from DHS. Map with hashtag #mapathonkeralam
NSS is organising a group of volunteers for this activity. The proposed activities are as follows
- Identify existing PHCs/CHCs etc as mapped in OSM and standardise the name
- An open call will be made to health centers to add their location as a point on OSM to guide mapping activity
- Mapping volunteer shall select a known panchayath and try to map relevant institution as per the list of hospitals mentioned above
- For local bodies not known by the mapper, he/she shall coordinate with District Project Manager of KSITM to reach out to relevant officer in local body who can help in location identification.
- KSDI shall try to provide some reference data to help user identify location of the institution. This needs to be validated with help of local contact person before mapping.
A pilot of this activity will be held in 1-2 district to begin with.
List of Mappers
amitha k biju
Arunkrishna P J
Mansoor Ali K
Muhammed Shadil MK
VSHNU K C