State Of The Map 2016/Community info
This is an unmanaged page for the OpenStreetMap community to share notes about State of the Map 2016. For example, it could include details of who's going, and alternate accommodation options.
Saturday Social Event
The recommended accommodation is a great option. If however you're looking for something cheaper or entirely different, check out locations in the city centre or along bus routes 95 and 71. Tram routes 25 and 7 are also good options.
- Smartflats Sablon (apartments)
- B&B Taptoe (B&B)
- Floris Hotel Arlequin Grand Place (hotel)
- Dansaert Hotel (hotel, 35 minutes from venue = 15mins walk + 20 mins on bus 71)
- ibis Brussels Centre Ste Catherine (hotel, 36 mins = 12mins walk + 24 mins on bus 71)
- Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
- Maxhotel, 47 EUR/night (no breakfast), to venue 26 mins = 11 mins walk + 15 mins on S8
STIB-MIVB (http://www.stib-mivb.be) run buses, trams and the metro service across Brussels. It is recommended that you buy your tickets before boarding (essential to travel by metro), as buying tickets after boarding will cost you more. The GO ticket vending machines are present in every metro station and the most important bus and tram stops all over Brussels.
There are 4 ticket types:
- Single journey: €2.10 (or €2.50 if purchased after boarding)
- 24hr day pass: €7.50 (includes the Bourget-Brussels Airport line)
- Airport line: €4.50 (or €6.00 if purchased after boarding)
- Train '+': €4.20 (add-on ticket for train passengers providing 24hr use of most routes)
Return tickets and 48hr/72hr tickets are also available however you will need to buy a MOBIB reloadable card at a cost of €5.00 (unloaded). Unless you intend to do a lot of travel in Brussels we do not recommend this.
A reduced night service (https://www.stib-mivb.be/noctis.html?l=en) is also available on Friday and Saturday until 3am.
Be aware that the Brussels Airport is not located within this network. With Jump 24h you can only use the airport line 12/21 (http://www.stib-mivb.be/airport-line.html?l=en). For other operators liek "De Lijn" or trains you have to get a separate ticket to get to town.
Villo runs a bike sharing network that has over 2,500 bicycles available at over 200 bike stations throughout the city. Users can take a bike from any station and return it to a different station. Membership fees are €1.60/day or €7.90 per week, payable by card at the automated kiosks attached to every station. On top of membership fees, usage fees vary, but the first 30 minutes are free.
- Taxis bleus/blauw (blue): +32 2 268 0000
- Taxis Autolux: +32 2 411 4142
- Taxis verts/groen (green): +32 2 349 4949
Travel by car
There is free parking in Brussels at seven Park+Rides, which allow for unlimited stay and are well connected to public transport. More info here  (check Transit Parkings). The nearest to the venue is at Delta .