State of the Map 20XX/Call for venues/Example
Bid for SotM 20XX in YY
General description of your bid that includes the vision of your bid. We are very interested to learn why your venue is the perfect venue for SotM 20XX.
Describe your team here and answer the following questions:
- How many group members has the team?
- How is the team and the group members connected to OpenStreetMap
- Have some of the group experience in organizing a large conference?
- Contact email address
- What is the capacity of the venue (how many visitors allowed at the venue)?
- Size of auditoriums
- Size of foyer
- Are there spaces for breakout sessions?
- Is there wheelchair access?
In past we provided lunch and two coffee breaks, one in the morning, the other in the afternoon.
- What are the options for catering?
Some venues require you to use their dedicated catering service, whilst others allow catering to be provided by a different company. Beware, some venues even charge a fee if you use catering providers outside of their approved list! This is often known as a "corkage fee" and is something you should ask the venue about. At this stage we are only interested in restrictions on catering and rough cost estimates. Unless the venue requires you to use their catering provided, you do not need to have decided on the catering provider at this stage. You may wish to obtain a few quotes to ensure you are getting value for money.
Costs for Venue and Catering
Please use our calculation template for this section (create a copy via "File > Make a copy...).
- What infrastructure does the place have?
- Is it a LGBT friendly space?
- What about medical and travel safety?
- What about terrorism or criminalism?
- What travel infrastructure does it provide?
- What kind of visa restrictions are there?
Other special features of the venue
Are there any other special features of the venue that we should consider?