Jump to navigation Jump to search
|natural = atoll|
|A ring-shaped coral reef ithat encircles a lagoon partially or completely, and may include small islands.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag natural=atoll is used to map an atoll (sometimes called a coral atoll), a ring-shaped coral reef including a coral rim that encircles a lagoon partially or completely, and may include small islands or islets.
How to Map
- Note: place=island must be use the coastline when mapped as an area or relation, but natural=atoll should include the entire area of the coral reef and lagoon, in addition to any island or islets.
- Consider adding the islands to a multipolygon relation with place=archipelago if the group of islands has a name.
Tags to use in combination
- place=island - for tagging each island within the atoll
- place=islet - for very small islands
- place=archipelago - to map the islands of the atoll or a chain of atolls.
- natural=coastline - to map the coast of any islands within an atoll
- natural=reef - to map the reef which surrounds the atoll