Talk:Beginners Guide 1.4
Discuss Beginners Guide 1.4 here:
Segment of a street that doesn't exist
I have been practicing editing in my immediate neighborhood. There is a segment of a street that doesn't exist and never will. It seems to be from the TIGER data. Is there any way to correct the map error?
Jim - User:Pcc322 - 14:11, 21 September 2008
- Absolutely, and this is exactly the kind of correction we're very keen for people to make.
- The procedure depends on which editor you're using, but in principle...
- A street might be represented as a single way, perhaps just between two nodes. First create new nodes either side of the section which you want to delete. Next "snip" the "way" using the scissors tool, so that it becomes several different ways (perhaps one way at either side, and one way which is the bit you want to delete). Now simply select and delete this middle way.
- Which editor are you using? Potlatch (the 'edit' tab) ?
- -- Harry Wood 22:20, 21 September 2008 (UTC)