Talk:Google Summer of Code/2012
IMHO, it's important to be more precise in the following areas:
- Close examination of students. Students should be able and willing to show their coding skills when they apply.
- Discourage any project proposal that is just yet another smartphone app.
- Open processes, so that every one knows where the 500$ that OSM gets per student go
- Open processes, so that every student knows what level of reporting to OSM is necessary
- Open processes, so that every mentor knows who of the OSM-GSoC organizer is responsible for what-ever.
- Open processes, so that every mentor knows about how the people are selected who go to Google Mentor summit.
- Open processes, open processes, open processes.
I agree - Will document more this time, but feel free to start a GSoC Processes Wiki page if you get chance to do it before me.