Talk:Missing Maps Epworth Zimbabwe Field Mapping 2015 live
An attempt at a simple Howto for updating OSM from this data;
1. On the table, chose an empty row, in my case NE D,
2. Click on edit at the head of the Chapter heading which reads Field Paper Edit & Upload (edit)
3. Scroll down until you find your chosen row - which will actually appear something like this
|- | NE | D | | |-
4. & add your name so it looks like this;
|- | NE | D | Nick Allen | |-
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page & click on show preview and if it looks okay scroll to the bottom & click on save changes
6. Right click on this link from the head of the table for The files are hosted on Dropbox & chose either open link in new tab or open link in new window so you don't lose this guide.
7. On your new tab or window, scroll to the bottom of the Dropbox link and then download the GPX file - in my case North East GPX grid.gpx
8. Load this .gpx file into JOSM and you will now be able to see the area zones
9. The fieldpapers were created at a time the site was in transition, and uploading them to use as a layer in JOSM in the normal way does not seem to work. Instead look at the dropbox files - in my case the file D1.jpg in the folder corresponds to the rectangle on the North East GPX grid.gpx area in JOSM, so having got it into my screen, in JOSM I download OpenStreetMap data - it looks the same as my map D1.jpg and I can then read off the info from D1.jpg and find that location within JOSM.
10. My D1.jpg has B1 written on it, and on D1 Survey.jpg I can see that B1 has house name/number, Construction, Neighbourhood/Street, Area & Ward info.
11. Create a node at the point you think B1 should be, and add the tags for the address - there is a guide under the heading Missing_Maps_Epworth_Zimbabwe_Field_Mapping_2015_live#Case_study:_mapping_a_neighbourhood
12. Now do the same for B2 etc until you have finished all the information in the dropbox folder you downloaded.
13. Finished a pack or had to stop part way through - make sure you add a comment to the table so that progress can be monitored
|- | NE | D | Nick Allen | Sorry, ran out of time, so only the first page of D1 has been completed. |-
14. Congratulate yourself on a job well done, and hurry back to do some more another time - thanks for reading.