Nearmap doesn't appear to exist in the menu now? does this mean Nearmap is not compatible with potlatch?
--User:mtrax 14:30, 17 Jan 2011 (UTC)
- Nearmap was removed due to disagreements over the CTs (not potlatch) and the LWG/OSM-F was unwilling to be more flexible about things. --JohnSmith 06:02, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yes to the disagreement. But not true on the unwilling to be flexible, LWG has made large changes to the Contributor Terms, see CT 1.2.3. Nearmap is a commercial company, we can only go so far in trying to satisfy them without making things harder for the rest of the project. Discussion with Nearmap is still continuing, they are currently reviewing updated Contributor Terms. -- Firefishy 08:11, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- How much flexibility was there for Microsoft and other commercial companies? -- JohnSmith 08:24, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- Bing and the others imagery providers we use do not restrict how OpenStreetMap contributors may license their derived data from the providers aerial imagery AFAIK. -- Firefishy 18:32, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
- It's my understanding that the current draft contributor terms (not yet on the OSM website) are once again compatible with Nearmap, since they only require you to promise that the data you upload is compatible with the current licence, and put the onus on OSMF to delete the data if it's not compatible with some future licence change. Is that so? -- Ed Avis
- Try Merkaartor, it has Nearmap available. -- Ed Avis
I can't get any of the described JOSM methods to work :( Am I missing something?
Did you go into the preferences dialog for the slippymap tab and set Tile Sources to a Nearmap entry?
--Morb au 14:30, 17 November 2009 (UTC)