Talk:Proposed features/Node Networks
Wiki page about all kinds of node networks
I have created wiki documentation about node networks, sorry I did not look hard enough to find this page first! It seems many of these thoughts have been established, and much is still in development. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Node_Networks --Peter Elderson (talk) 19:57, 22 August 2020 (UTC)
Why not use information=guidepost to map the nodes? I agree that some sort of network tagging would be a good idea, but for the points themselves, "guidepost" is already established and works well. And I think it fits the purpose better than junction=yes.
- 1. AFAIK Node networks do not use a tag junction=yes
- 2. The purpose is to plan routes consisting of node2node sections. This is done by defining the intersections nodes, where the ways of adjacent sections connect. The physical guideposts usually are not connected to the ways. This is fine on a map, but it is difficult for software, in particular for a network planner.
- Have you tried the node network planner? For cyclng: https://knooppuntnet.nl/nl/map/cycling
- This would be a lot harder if the nodes were not part of the ways in the routes.
- --Peter Elderson (talk) 20:11, 29 November 2020 (UTC)