Ups, I think I just messed up your plan. I started mapping at the last point I found at 11.617 / 37.408 until I reached a lake. Now, my last point is at lat=11.396883582564607 lon=34.66728277331379 --Pi-osm 00:55, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
- Your coordinates sound like you started at the beginning of the Blue Nile and Mapped it until the end? But what about the already done ways in between? Due to OSM DB maintenance I cannot check what you have done ... --Alexm 09:26, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
How should we call the river? I think
- name=ዓባይ insinde Ethiopia?
- name=النيل الأزرق inside Sudan?
- or just one of them?
- name:am=ዓባይ ?
- name:ar=النيل الأزرق
- name:en=Blue Nile
- name:de=Blauer Nil
If there are islands in the river we need a multipolygon relation for the correct rendering. I made one for my part, but i think it would be better to have one for the whole Blue Nile. what do you think? --Patzi 18:41, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
- yes, I think when the Blue Nile is finished including all riverbanks etc. we should made up one big relation... I'm not too much experienced with this, but I also tried to do this in the Sudan part (below this big lake) --Alexm 11:05, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
If you use the lakewalker plugin, you can do whole sections of the river in a fully automated fashion. You will need to manually split the created ways and rejoin them at the section borders, though.
--Rjmunro 12:47, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
natural=Coastline / natural=water
I was checking the coastline viewer for errors and I stumbled on what I think are parts of the White Nile. They were tagged with natural=coastline. But the Nile and its lakes are obviously no coastlines, so I changed them to natural=water. I hope you all agree with my view on this? --Mdeen 19:21, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- (late hint, but one can't leave this alone) Riverbanks are obiously natural=riverbank ;) -- Malenki 18:06, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
The osmarender of this night looks very bad. Maybe the island's attributes sould be changed? --OlivierAuber 11:11, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
It seems most users editing nile didn't waste their time editing the wiki. Would be nice to have it updated sooner or later so one can see if there is still work to do. -- Malenki 16:19, 26 September 2009 (UTC)