Tbilisi mapping party
| Tbilisi, Georgia|
|latitude: 41.72649, longitude: 44.82534|
|Browse map of Tbilisi 41°43′35.36″ N, 44°49′31.22″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Tbilisi is a city in Georgia at latitude 41°43′35.36″ North, longitude 44°49′31.22″ East.
Tbilisi Mapping Party
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStreetMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project.
Because there are only a handful of OSM mappers active in Tbilisi, this event is more about getting people initiated then fully mapping the city. A lot of work has been done already in Tbilisi, but we hope to fill in missing roads, road names, and especially identifying places in the city.
It's fun. It's free. You can help.
More about Mapping parties
- When: Saturday October 3rd, 2pm - 6pm
- Where: Meetings outside the Rustaveli McDonalds, next to the statue
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 895 91 2475
- Event schedule:
- 2:00 Meet outside Rustaveli McDonalds
- 2:30 Go map!
- 5:00-6:00 Meet at Reiner's Pub, upload data to the worldwide map, and have a beer!
- If you own a GPS or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have GPS units to loan.
- Weather: This event is rain or shine.
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by sending an email to email@example.com
If you've never used OpenStreetMap before, it will be helpful if you read a little bit about it so you know what we're doing! http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main_Page
Register on the site http://www.openstreetmap.org/ and remember that you need a separate login for the wiki pages.
If you'd like to sign up for the talk list for mapping Georgia, visit http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-ge
To add more points-of-interest to the city map as well as tackle areas that still need mapping.
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations and goals for this mapping event as well as future events.