Current Primary Interests in OSM
- precision topography mapping (e. g. IOF mapping)
- automation in cartographic model generalisation (my thesis dealt with a problem in this domain)
- marine mapping in general (I have no particular interest in FT or OSeaM)
- mapping in Germany and Norway
- degree in Cartography and Geomatics
- experience in nautical chart production
- trained in Computer Science
I firmly believe that the community's local knowledge is OpenStreetMap's greatest asset. It's where other web mapping projects such as Google can't compete. Accordingly, I tend to only map things I personally verified on the ground and am opposed to automated imports (with some exceptions).
I continue to use several distinct OSM mapping accounts for reasons that once were practical, but no longer are now. Some of these accounts are:
I occasionally read [NUUG kart] and other OSM mailing lists. Please don't take mailing list discussions off-list without clearly and prominently stating your reason to do so! Without a reason, I will assume you made a mistake in operating your email client and might forward your message to the list.
Feel free to use my Wiki talk page, the osm.org messaging system, or any other suitable means to get in touch.